Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Farewell holidays...

Well, its official....the holidays are over. Has anyone else noticed that they older we get, the faster they go? I look forward to the lights, sales, and music; yet, it seems as soon as I start enjoying them, they are over. As I gaze around my living room, I can't help but think it looked so much nicer with all my Christmas decorations up.
The holidays this year were extra special with the addition of Abigail. Though she slept through the meals and gift-giving, it was still her "first Christmas". It was also the first Christmas that Amelia knew and understood what was going on. It was so fun watching her open her gifts. Santa brought her a kitchen with a table and chairs. She was tickled when she saw it. Once it was revealed, she didn't care about anything else. Now whenever guests come over, she immediatly takes their hand and pulls them to her room. She wants everyone to play kitchen with her.
Having a newborn in the house is again, is like a new experience all over. I have changed a lot of diapers in my life....HOWEVER, I have never been pooped on as much as I have been in the past 3 weeks. I keep telling Abi that she was born with no manners. I think she is slightly confused....the poop is supposed to be released when the diaper is ON.....not when I begin changing her. :)
I also have forgotten what it was like to breastfeed. Between nursing her every 3 hours and pumping, I feel like I should be walking around moo'ing. Despite the cow-like feelings, I do love the special bond that is formed. I love being depended on. Amelia has handled it well too. Although I did catch her the other day trying to get Abi to nurse on her (she was holding her with no shirt on). Luckily she couldn't figure out how to get Abigail to reach her chest. I have to admit, I laughed pretty hard at the sight of her trying. :)

Now that the holidays are over and things have calmed down, I will get back to my blogging. I'm sure there will be many things to laugh with me...or at me...about. :)

Thank you God for a daughter who loves her little sister...poop and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment