Saturday, December 18, 2010

Blissful Chaos

My life lately has been a whirlwind of doctors, hospitals, and babies. Last Tuesday, Amelia started running a fever. On Thursday, with it still not going down, we took her to the doctor to try and kick it before the baby arrived. After running many different tests and drawing blood, the doctor concludes that it is just a fever virus and all her vitals and counts look good. That was great news....considering I started having contractions that night around midnight.
After an eventful night of warm showers and walking laps around the house (yes, I even broke out the exercise step and climbed some "stairs"), we headed to the hospital around 6:30am. From that point on, time flew by. One moment I was progressing quickly, the next I was leaning over the bedrail with my head in a blue bag. FINALLY at 5:14pm, the most beautiful, pink bundle of joy made her appearance.
Since the first introduction, Amelia has fallen in love with Abigail. She is constantly asking to hold her, always hugging her, and giving her kisses whenever she can reach her head. I'm so glad we got Amelia checked.....even though she started having a cough, I didn't feel the need to worry about her passing it to her sister.
So, you may think that is where my story ends. NOPE! We were able to go home Saturday evening. Yay! Only one night in the hospital. We had a calm Sunday. On Monday we headed back to the hospital for a jaundice and weight check. Tuesday brings chaos. While playing, Amelia dislocated her elbow. We made it through the night and rushed her back to the doctor Wednesday morning. The doctor, unable to pop it back, sent us to an orthopedic doctor. He, praise the LORD, was able to re-locate it and within minutes Amelia was all smiles. YAY!!!!
Now, one week after the birth, I am finally enjoying a calm weekend with both babies currently fast asleep.

Thank you Lord for doctors who love my children

No comments:

Post a Comment