Friday, December 3, 2010

Dec 3rd....The blog

I have been finding myself drawn to reading a wide variety of blogs lately; work, living, parenting, etc. After reading a very well written blog on the benefits of healthy eating, I decided that perhaps I should use Amelia's nap time to blog about my everyday, simple life (this decision of course was made while eating a piece of my homemade pecan pie).  My life may not be the most exciting. It may not even be entertaining. But what better way to remember those day-to-day moments that seem to slip by without recognition? These moments seem to happen more and more once a toddler is running rapid around the house. So consider this my "online diary" of mommyhood.

So today I start my first blog. It will not be well written. It will not have the correct grammar. It will, however, be filled with my laughter, my tears, and of course my simple everyday moments of life. It is called "Barefeet and the Good life". Enjoy....or just stop reading. :)

Being 9 months pregnant and knocking on labor's door, I find myself lacking the energy to get out of this house. Thankfully I preplanned and am done Christmas shopping! Well, today I woke up with a little more energy and decided to head to Target to get a couple of things. To get ready to leave the house takes more than just a few minutes....especially now that Amelia has entered the "I can do it mommy" phase. So after 2 hours of showering, dressing, and packing our snacks, we finally head out to the car. We get in, I start her dvd player, and turn the key. Nothing. WHAT???? Thats right...the car is dead. So after a few disappointing attempts, we unload our things and walk back into the house (of course that takes another 10 minutes). Amelia is crying because she wanted to go in mommy's "vroom". Thankfully Elmo has just came on and our tears quickly dry. On days like today, I am extra thankful for little red, furry monsters!!

Hours later, with lunch complete and having played outside for awhile, it is now mid-day and nap time has begun. We will see what the evening holds once daddy gets home.

Blessing: Thank you God that I have a car, starting or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment