Friday, March 4, 2011

Gas

Have you ever seen a pic on the internet and thought, 'mmm...what kind of person would do that'? Well now I know from personal experience....it's a person that is on lack of sleep and taking cough medicine.
Yesterday, even though I still wasn't feeling good, I was determined to do something to get out of the house. After a quick trip to Hobby Lobby, I stopped to fill up the tank before returning home. After a couple efforts, I realize that pump 9 wasn't reading cards so I ran in to pay. The very kind worker said the pump was jammed and told me to hurry and move to pump 8 before someone else pulled in. Well, I trotted my little hiney to my car as fast as I could without looking foolish....because heaven forbid I look foolish! I jump in, put my car in drive, and make it only a few feet before hearing a loud thud. I drove off with the pump hose still in my car!!!!! It completely dettached from the pump and was dangling down the side of my car. I jumped out, took one look, and couldn't stop laughing! The lady at the pump next door also started laughing. The worker had to come out and place an "out of order" bag and sign on the pump. After apologizing over and over, I get back in my car and pull up to pump 8, where I get my gas. And yes....I managed to get there before anyone else pulled in....I just failed when it came to not looking foolish :)

Thank you God for a car to put gas in.

No comments:

Post a Comment